Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Testimony by Lynn (Direct frm UK !)

hey guess what happen, maybe u can post it on the blog?? or just share it around coz its like the second greatest testimony for the year 2007 (and its only what? March?)***

ED: Sure no problems here goes your original story'


University term is ending and so there's a rush of assignments due in soon. Its Thursday night, and I'm working on a 2500 word essay, due in on Tuesday morning. Just as a reach the 2000 word count, my computer suddenly shows me the blue screen of death (Its suddenly when your computer screen goes blue and some words come appear to tell you what the error is). I'm no computer expert here, but I know that the blue screen of death is really death. Its dangerous coz it might mean that your hard drive has crashed.


My heart definitely stopped a beat (maybe two), and I totally panicked. TOTALLY freaked out. For obvious reasons, my 2000 word essay was in there. So I had to restart my computer, praying that my work would not be gone. Not only the 2000 words, but my other major project which is my 10,000 word thesis that I was half way through PLUS all the other research material, articles and journals. Yes, kill me now...coz I had not backed-up any of my work. With only 3 weeks for the 10,000 word thesis deadline, it would be impossible to finish it if I start from scratch. And that means I can't graduate!

SO I restart my computer, and for those computer experts, the computer tells me to insert boot-disk. For those other computer illiterates like me, it means that the computer cannot detect Windows, and so I would have to reformat my computer, hence all my work will be gone. VEry very bad news. So I decided to switch the computer off while thinking of what to do. PRAY!

Yes, never underestimate the power of prayer. Even with computers. SO I prayed. And the more I prayed, the louder I became. And after like a minute of praying out loud (practically yelling repeatedly "In Jesus Name, make it work!"). So in faith, after the one minute, I switched my computer back on again...and WAH LAH!! IT WORKED!!

I am SO SURE that God had a hand in it! He definitely pulled some strings/wires/microchips and made my hard drive work. Coz I explained the whole thing to my brother (who is a software engineer) and he said what happened was almost impossible.

With God, all things are possible!!A few lessons for you folks to remember

Lesson 1: Never underestimate the power of prayer! Honestly, when I started praying for my computer, I felt silly. But out of desperation, I didnt have any other choice.

Lesson 2: ALWAYS back up your important stuff. Don't ever think it wont happen to you. I've heard of stories where the 10,000 word thesis was due in the next day, and his file got corrupted or the hard drive crashed etc. Not just work, but photographs, songs...whatever!

Lesson 3: Don't do last minute work!

Yes people, its often easy to use "Pray" for an answer to everything. We use it so often that sometimes we do forget the meaning of prayer, and what it is like to really pray. And sometimes, we pray just for the sake of praying??

I really don't know what would have happened if God didnt rescue me and my work this time, but hey, at least I know He would have still been in control.



No comments: